Thursday, September 29, 2011

My closing O's thought's 2011

So I have to admit originally I was upset with the O's winning these last 2 weeks because I was looking at next year and wanted the best possible draft position we could get.  With that said I have to correct my rant against the O's days ago.  The past couple of series to close out the season were pretty fun, and to end it all the way we did last night knocking the Red Sox out of the playoffs put the icing on the cake.  I have another disclosure, I stopped watching last nights game in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs knowing it was over.  I mean come on the highly acclaimed favorites since the season began to win it all with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth.  With so much on the line and the Rays playing in extra innings against the Yankees.  There was no way they were going to lose this game, and there was no way this Orioles team was going to score 2 runs with 2 outs and no one on base.  So it was my surprise when I awoke this morning and saw that the O's pulled it off.  This will tide us O's fans over until next season.
Now that this season is over let's start looking to next year.  MacPhail is more than likely packing it up and will no longer be our GM.  So who's going to fill that slot?  There's many rumors that Buck Showalter is the clear favorite for the position.  I'm teetering on wanting a younger more proven "GM" in that position.  I'm not saying Buck can't get the job done, but I would rather see him in the dugout and a true GM running the front office stuff.  I could be wrong, and Buck could do a great job.  Heck if he gets the job I HOPE he does a great job and turns this thing around.  I know it will never happen but Cashman's contract is up.  I'm just saying.
Once the GM situation is straightened out we REALLY need to look at our scouting and minor leagues.  I threw both scouting and minor league coaches together because one or both of these areas are failing.  How can NONE of our position players pan out over 10+ years?
Maybe I'm just rambling aimlessly, but then again these are just my crazy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment