Friday, September 30, 2011

Ravens vs. Jets (My take)


Here we go week 4 in the NFL!  The Ravens are taking on the Jets and both teams are 2-1.  The Jets however in my opinion should be 1-2 but won a game that the Cowboys blew as they were up 24-10 early in the fourth quarter.  The Ravens should be 3-0 and lost to a team they should have had no problem beating in the Tennessee Titans, but this is the NFL and you have to show up every week ready to play.  The Ravens didn't in week 2 and the Cowboys let their foot off the peddle so that's how we find ourselves both sitting at 2-1.

I'm liking the Ravens to take this game, and not just because I'm a homer and love the team.  Sanchez last week for the Jets threw a pick and was sacked 4 times, and even though our defensive back field is banged up.  I think we will be able to create enough pressure up front to help our our DB's.  I'm not afraid of the Jets running game at all this year, so we should be fine there.  I'm impressed with the way our offense has been performing with the exception of the Titans game.  Our "O" line is coming together and even our back-up's are stepping in and playing great, especially Gurode.  I don't expect Smith to have the type of game he had last week but by putting up the performance he did last week it forces the Jet's to account for him as a serious threat.

My call is Baltimore with the win 28-13 over the Jets

No comments:

Post a Comment