Monday, November 21, 2011

Ravens vs Bengals After Thoughts

I am very pleased with how this game turned out and for many reason's and not just the simple fact we walked away with a "W". First of all I am very happy with the play of our LB corp with the absence of Ray. Also with the "W" as a whole up until the 4th qtr. I have to admit I am a huge Lardarius Webb fan at corner. He has been playing great defense and has become a pretty decent corner after making the switch from safety.
I was nervous going into this game because I didn't know what kind of Offensive game plan to expect from Cam.  Would we see the game plan we executed against the Steelers and Houston where we were balanced and got Rice involved running the ball? Are we going to see Flacco throw the ball 60 times like in our 3 loses?  I was pleased to see the more balanced game plan. I hope we stick to this game plan. Hopefully Cam noticed we CAN throw down field and are very effective throwing deep off the I formation play action. Not only effective but the play action had Boldin wide open over the middle and kept pressure off Joe. Torrey Smith showed off his ridiculous speed and racked up 165yds. I'm really excited to see what he develops into. I was also excited to see Lee Evans get back on the field and even though he was only targeted once he was a threat they had to take seriously.
I am concerned however with our defense and their inability to end drives and get off the field in the 4th qtr. They had this problem last week against Seattle and Cincy almost tied this game late. Well at least was given a real shot but we were able to stall a late drive and get pressure on the rookie QB. Speaking of which Dalton is looking good in his rookie season.
All in all a big win against a tough division opponent and puts us back where we belong over the much despised Steelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment