Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 12 NFL Picks

Alright so here we go.  If you want to see what happened with my picks last week click here.  Week 12 is here and Turkey Day is filled with some GREAT football.  3 great matchups to sit back and enjoy.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

GB @ Detroit
  • Packers "O" is dangerous.  Rodgers is arguably the best in the NFL today.
  • Detroit has been pretty good at home, but after last week even though they won can they hang with GB?
  • Packers are bound to lose a game this season but is this the week? They played a close game last week, and on the road this season they have played close games.
  • I know it's going to be loud and Detroit typically plays tough on Turkey Day but how do you pick against an undefeated team. Have to pick em GB to win even though I'm leaning more toward Detroit with an upset. I think Rodgers should take advantage of an iffy defensive backfield of the Lions.
Miami @ Dallas
  • Both teams on a 3 game win streak
  • Before this 3 game streak Miami lost a close game in NY against the Giants.
  • Dallas just won a close game in OT against a backsliding Redskins team who doesn't know who to start at QB. Should we go with backup A or backup B? They should have lost this game and if Washington had a decent QB and Kicker they would have.
  • Miami QB Moore has played great these past 3 games
  • Picking Miami to go into Dallas and win a close game
SF @ Baltimore
  • The thing that scares me about this game is what Offensive game plan is Cam going to go with? Are we going to throw it every down, or are we going to stick with what works and play a balanced game? I think Harbs puts his foot down and has Cam stick to what they did last week.
  • Comparing the 2 defenses. I like what SF has on defense. They have a really good defensive front including LB's. So I will give a push there, but I think Baltimore has a better defensive backfield.
  • SF 30th in league in 3rd down conversion which doesn't bode well for them.
  • Short week for both teams but SF has to come across country. I know they have traveled 4 times to the East Coast and won all 4, BUT not on a short week.
  • Going with the more veteran team in the Ravens.
Buffalo @ NYJ
  • This is tough because Buffalo was playing great football, but the past 2 weeks were blown apart. They were outscored 79-15 in two games.
  • Jets haven't been that impressive themselves and lost to a Tebow led Broncos offense.
  • Don't like Sanchez but he gets it done this game
Cleveland @ Cincy
  • Cleveland is improving since years past but not up to the level of Cincy who is having a great season with young players
  • Cleveland lost week 1 at home to Cincy and will lose this one on the road in Cincy
Minn @ Atlanta
  • Atlanta is going to be too much for the Vikings
  • Vikings can run the ball but only averaging 180 in the air. Falcons have been good at run defense if they contain Peterson this game should be an easy one.
Houston @ Jacksonville
  • Went back and forth with this game. Any other time earlier in the season I would have flat out picked the Texans because they are way better than the Jags. However Houston is now missing their starting QB in Schaub.
  • I don't trust Leinart because he's had his chance to shine out in the Arizona heat and flopped miserably. I do think the talent around him is enough, and their running game will allow him to do the bare minimum to win this game.
Arizona @ StL
  • Neither of these teams impress me at all. Kolb hasn't worked out this year for Arizona and it looks like they are going with Skelton again at QB.
  • Going to give the nod to StL at home
Tampa @ Tennessee

  • Tampa going into Tenn in my opinion should win this one.
  • Blount is back and looks good in the back field for TB
  • "Fat Albert" Haynesworth says he's playing and if anything gives TB size on the D line. Alright that's probably all he will give them.
  • Tenn Qb situation still in the air but looks like Hasselbeck may be back this week.

Carolina @ Indy

  • Let's see Carolinas Offense is better, Carolina's Defense is playing better than Indy. Heck Carolina is playing better than Indy.
  • Indy will be yet another game closer in the "Suck for Luck Sweepstakes" this week.  It's as if they aren't even planning for any games this season and drawing up plans for next year with Andrew Luck.

Washington @ Seattle

  • I like what Seattle has with Lynch running the ball. He's like the Seahawks version of Ray Rice. Very potent weapon.
  • Defense wise I think they are comparable to each other. Seahawks have a slightly better run defense than the Skins.
  • I think Seattle adds to the Skins woes and hands them a loss and long flight back to DC
Chicago @ Oakland

  • Man, where to go with this game? Go back to what I said about Houston in regards to their Qb situation.  The same may apply here.  Chicago is out their starting QB for the season and I don't have faith in the backup, at least this week.
  • Oakland is looking good this season and even though they are missing their biggest Offensive weapon in RB McFadden, Bush has filled in big time.
  • Every week Carson is getting more comfortable and I think with Bush running the ball and Carson tossing it around to their WR corp Oakland should take this one at home.

NE @ Philly
  • Well I can tell you who I want to win, and that's Philly. Any time an NFC team plays an AFC that's not the Ravens I'm going NFC all the way.
  • Can Philly pull off this feat? Yeah I think so.  Philly is tied at 11th in the league against the pass with the Bengals.  While the Patriots are worst the the LEAGUE against the pass. That's right 32nd.
  • IF Philly can keep the ball out of Brady's hand's they can do it. NE doesn't have a powerful running game at all and for a majority of the first half last week a Tyler Palko led Chiefs led 3-0 up until 3:18 left in the half.
  • I think McCoy can move the ball against NE and with another week under his belt Vince Young may be able to pass on them.
  • Can you tell I'm trying to talk myself into this upset? Well I'm doing it.  Eagles win!!
Denver @ SD

  • Let me start by saying I don't dislike Tebow as a person. I actually admire his faith and his mission work. Now as a QB I don't think he is ready to be a starting QB. Yes he makes plays with his feet but he's way too inaccurate in his passing. Now I've tempted him to prove me wrong and picked against him for the past 2 to 3 weeks and he's crushed my picks.
  • Inaccurate Tebow or WTH is going on Rivers? Who's going to be the QB to lead his team to a W this week?
  • Denver is averaging more yards on the ground and that's thanks to a running Tebow.
  • SD is more efficient on 3rd down conversion to the tune of 48.9%
  • Why not Tebow and the Broncos win this sloppy game. What am I thinking?

Pitt @ KC

  • I mean come on Steelers coming off the bye against the Chiefs.  I don't care if this game was played in Abu Dhabi the Steelers win.  Even if Ben wasn't playing and Dixon filled in, which he isn't just threw that in there since Ben has a fractured thumb.

NYG @ NO

  • Saints coming off the Bye and have Sproles back
  • In the dome I'm giving the nod to the Saints and the gunslinger Brees



2 comments:

  1. I should've picked the Ravens. We had some swing games between us, but we're both 11-4 at this point. Here's hoping the Saints win tonight and we're both 12-4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good week there Keller and yes you should have picked the Ravens. I tried to warn you.

    ReplyDelete