Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Now that was ugly!



Alright so I haven't gone into too much depth in my thoughts on the games so far, but you got to start somewhere.  So let's start with this embarrassment that occurred on MNF.

I'll go ahead and start with the only positive of the night and that was the play of the Defense.  They played the way they should have against the leagues worst Offense who is only averaging 252.4 yards a game.  Thankful to get out of that terrible game without any injuries other than some stingers suffered by Reed and Cody.

Now for the rest of the team, AWFUL!  Alright so the Jags going into the game I think had the 8th best defense in the league but I was still thinking we would have got something going at least in the run game.  What I wasn't expecting was 8 carries for 28yds for Rice.  Was this really the game plan for our Offense this game to only have our backs carry the ball 12 times?  What did it get you 34yds.  Our line couldn't hold any kind of rush, our receivers couldn't get any seperation and we didn't help any of that by running the ball 12 TIMES!  There's been a lot of talk on Bmore sports talk radio about Flacco and how this is on him, and he's not the guy to get it done.  Which is the reason I don't listen as often anymore because it's all everyone harps on.  All this guy has done is improve year after year since he was thrown in his rookie season.  I'm not going to throw it all on Cam either, although you go out and sign Vonta Leach and you hand the rock off 12 times. I know I keep bringing that up but come on Cam.  In fact after Rice fumbled with 8:59 to go in the first quarter he didn't get another carry until 1:59 left to go in the first half.  We saw this last season in the playoffs when Rice fumbled against the Steelers.  He was on the bench and didn't get a carry until later in the game.  This guy has 4 fumbles in 765 carries.  I don't think you need to have him sit once he puts the ball on the ground.  He's pretty reliable when it comes to holding onto the ball.

Hopefully we can get Grubbs and Lee Evans back soon.  I think if we can get Grubbs back in the middle of that O line we can get better pass protection.  I'm curious to see Evans back on the outside.  You put him opposite T. Smith giving us speed on both sidelines and Boldin running in the slot along with Dickson/Pitta and Rice and now Flacco has serious options.

Anyway I'm not too worried about this game.  This team is too talented and better than what they showed in the spotlight of the world on Monday night.  I was worried about them going in too confident like in Tennessee and was in a way prepared for it.  Although I seriously didn't see us losing this game.  I thought we'd come out sluggish, but as the saying goes any given Sunday or Thursday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment